This annual award recognizes a young researcher for their distinguished research contribution to computer vision. The award is given out by the IEEE Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI) Technical Committee, and the selection is managed by the PAMI-TC awards committee. The winner will be announced annually at the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
ABOUT THE AWARD
This award is made annually for a distinguished research contribution in computer vision by a young researcher within seven years of their PhD.
The award includes a 3,000 USD cash prize and a plaque. The winners will be listed on the PAMI-TC web site.
NOMINATING A CANDIDATE
A nomination for the award should consist of:
1. The full name and contact details of the nominator, who should hold a senior position within his or her organization. It is acceptable for this to be the same organization as the nominee.
2. The full name and contact details of the nominee.
3. A description provided by the nominator in up to 300 words, of the distinguished research contribution in computer vision of the nominee, and its importance, in a form accessible to a general computing science audience.
4. A CV of up to 2 pages of the nominee (including 5 most important publications).
5. A Publication list of all published articles of the nominee. (Please do not include “accepted” but not yet published articles as these will not be taken into account.)
6. The name and email address of two referees who would be able to provide independent assessments of the nominee’s research contribution and who are based in different institutions than the nominator and the nominee. The nominator is responsible for contacting these referees directly, who should send their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations should be in the form of a single electronic file in pdf format. The name of the nominator and the nominee must be in the title of the file. Nominations should be sent by the nominator by the deadline set by the PAMI TC Chair to email@example.com.