The Thomas S. Huang Memorial Award was established at CVPR 2020 and will be awarded annually starting from CVPR 2021 to honor researchers who are recognized as examples in research, teaching/mentoring and service to the computer vision community. The award is given in memory of the late Prof. Thomas S. Huang, a pioneering scholar who left deep impressions in multiple fields including computer vision and image processing, and a role model who contributed to the growth and well-being of several generations of researchers in the community.
The award is made annually for a researcher at least 7 years after their PhD, preferably at mid-career (no more than 25 years later). Researchers in all areas of computer vision will be considered. The award includes a 3,000 USD cash prize and a plaque. The winners will be listed on the PAMI TC web site.
NOMINATING A CANDIDATE
A nomination for the award should consist of:
1. The full name and contact details of the nominator, who should hold a senior position within his or her organization. It is acceptable for this to be the same organization as the nominee.
2. The full name and contact details of the nominee.
3. A description provided by the nominator in up to 600 words, of the research contributions in computer vision of the nominee, and its importance, in a form accessible to a general computing science audience. The nominator should also provide a description on how the
nominated researcher exemplifies a role model in terms of teaching/mentoring and service.
4. A CV of up to 5 pages of the nominee (including 5 most important publications, contributions to teaching/mentoring and important service to the computer vision community).
5. The name and email address of at least two referees who would be able to provide independent assessments of the nominee’s research, teaching/mentoring and service contribution. It is desirable, but not required, for some of these referees to be able to comment directly on the nominee’s teaching/mentoring and service. The nominator is responsible for contacting these referees directly, who should send their letters directly to email@example.com.
Nominations should be in the form of a single electronic file in PDF format. The name of the nominator and the nominee must be in the title of the file. Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.